Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Marlins lost 11-5 to the Mets on Sunday afternoon, falling to 37-38 in third place, but they remain just 2.5 games out of first place in the NL East. Great starts by Giancarlo Stanton, Henderson Alvarez, and Steve Cishek have contributed to the club being in a much better spot than expected, even after losing phenom Jose Fernandez to injury.
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Marlins have been among the most aggressive teams in terms of scouting other teams’ systems. He adds that the Marlins are, in particular, looking for pitching help.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)