Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Marlins lost 11-5 to the Mets on Sunday afternoon, falling to 37-38 in third place, but they remain just 2.5 games out of first place in the NL East. Great starts by Giancarlo Stanton, Henderson Alvarez, and Steve Cishek have contributed to the club being in a much better spot than expected, even after losing phenom Jose Fernandez to injury.
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Marlins have been among the most aggressive teams in terms of scouting other teams’ systems. He adds that the Marlins are, in particular, looking for pitching help.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 153
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (163)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)