Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Marlins lost 11-5 to the Mets on Sunday afternoon, falling to 37-38 in third place, but they remain just 2.5 games out of first place in the NL East. Great starts by Giancarlo Stanton, Henderson Alvarez, and Steve Cishek have contributed to the club being in a much better spot than expected, even after losing phenom Jose Fernandez to injury.
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Marlins have been among the most aggressive teams in terms of scouting other teams’ systems. He adds that the Marlins are, in particular, looking for pitching help.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)