Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Marlins lost 11-5 to the Mets on Sunday afternoon, falling to 37-38 in third place, but they remain just 2.5 games out of first place in the NL East. Great starts by Giancarlo Stanton, Henderson Alvarez, and Steve Cishek have contributed to the club being in a much better spot than expected, even after losing phenom Jose Fernandez to injury.
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Marlins have been among the most aggressive teams in terms of scouting other teams’ systems. He adds that the Marlins are, in particular, looking for pitching help.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)