Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Marlins lost 11-5 to the Mets on Sunday afternoon, falling to 37-38 in third place, but they remain just 2.5 games out of first place in the NL East. Great starts by Giancarlo Stanton, Henderson Alvarez, and Steve Cishek have contributed to the club being in a much better spot than expected, even after losing phenom Jose Fernandez to injury.
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Marlins have been among the most aggressive teams in terms of scouting other teams’ systems. He adds that the Marlins are, in particular, looking for pitching help.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)