Jun 22, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Wacha was supposed to start on Sunday against the Phillies, but Carlos Martinez was bumped up and started in his place. The Cardinals maintained that nothing was wrong with Wacha, but we now see that was not the case.
Garcia made his season debut on May 18 after missing the first seven weeks of the season with a left shoulder injury. He had surgery to repair a partially torn labrum and rotator cuff last May.
In 15 starts spanning 90 1/3 innings, Wacha posted a 2.79 ERA with an 83/26 K/BB ratio. Garcia posted a 4.12 ERA with a 39/7 K/BB ratio in 43 2/3 innings across seven starts.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)