Jun 22, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Wacha was supposed to start on Sunday against the Phillies, but Carlos Martinez was bumped up and started in his place. The Cardinals maintained that nothing was wrong with Wacha, but we now see that was not the case.
Garcia made his season debut on May 18 after missing the first seven weeks of the season with a left shoulder injury. He had surgery to repair a partially torn labrum and rotator cuff last May.
In 15 starts spanning 90 1/3 innings, Wacha posted a 2.79 ERA with an 83/26 K/BB ratio. Garcia posted a 4.12 ERA with a 39/7 K/BB ratio in 43 2/3 innings across seven starts.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 136
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 83
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (146)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (84)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)