Jun 22, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Wacha was supposed to start on Sunday against the Phillies, but Carlos Martinez was bumped up and started in his place. The Cardinals maintained that nothing was wrong with Wacha, but we now see that was not the case.
Garcia made his season debut on May 18 after missing the first seven weeks of the season with a left shoulder injury. He had surgery to repair a partially torn labrum and rotator cuff last May.
In 15 starts spanning 90 1/3 innings, Wacha posted a 2.79 ERA with an 83/26 K/BB ratio. Garcia posted a 4.12 ERA with a 39/7 K/BB ratio in 43 2/3 innings across seven starts.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 9
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 9
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)