Jun 22, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Wacha was supposed to start on Sunday against the Phillies, but Carlos Martinez was bumped up and started in his place. The Cardinals maintained that nothing was wrong with Wacha, but we now see that was not the case.
Garcia made his season debut on May 18 after missing the first seven weeks of the season with a left shoulder injury. He had surgery to repair a partially torn labrum and rotator cuff last May.
In 15 starts spanning 90 1/3 innings, Wacha posted a 2.79 ERA with an 83/26 K/BB ratio. Garcia posted a 4.12 ERA with a 39/7 K/BB ratio in 43 2/3 innings across seven starts.
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 7
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (120)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)