Jun 23, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
WEEI’s Rob Bradford reports that there is “nothing going on” between the Red Sox and Matt Kemp. They’re just in the basement watching videos and stuff. So quit turning the lights on from the top of the stairs, mom.
The idea makes sense: the Dodgers have too many outfielders and would like to part with one of their more expensive ones. The Red Sox have a need for some help in the outfield. The two teams have been big-time trading partners in the past. But it’s not that easy, of course. The Dodgers are getting decent production from Kemp lately and the Sox probably aren’t super eager to take on Kemp’s $107 million in outstanding salary obligations due to a possibly temporary outfield need right now.
Worth watching as the summer heats up, but seems a bit far-fetched right now.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 0
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 19
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 35
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 47
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)