Jun 23, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
WEEI’s Rob Bradford reports that there is “nothing going on” between the Red Sox and Matt Kemp. They’re just in the basement watching videos and stuff. So quit turning the lights on from the top of the stairs, mom.
The idea makes sense: the Dodgers have too many outfielders and would like to part with one of their more expensive ones. The Red Sox have a need for some help in the outfield. The two teams have been big-time trading partners in the past. But it’s not that easy, of course. The Dodgers are getting decent production from Kemp lately and the Sox probably aren’t super eager to take on Kemp’s $107 million in outstanding salary obligations due to a possibly temporary outfield need right now.
Worth watching as the summer heats up, but seems a bit far-fetched right now.
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 1
- The beauty of belief 23
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 71
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)