Jun 23, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
WEEI’s Rob Bradford reports that there is “nothing going on” between the Red Sox and Matt Kemp. They’re just in the basement watching videos and stuff. So quit turning the lights on from the top of the stairs, mom.
The idea makes sense: the Dodgers have too many outfielders and would like to part with one of their more expensive ones. The Red Sox have a need for some help in the outfield. The two teams have been big-time trading partners in the past. But it’s not that easy, of course. The Dodgers are getting decent production from Kemp lately and the Sox probably aren’t super eager to take on Kemp’s $107 million in outstanding salary obligations due to a possibly temporary outfield need right now.
Worth watching as the summer heats up, but seems a bit far-fetched right now.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 130
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 258
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (258)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)