Jun 23, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that Padres starter Andrew Cashner has been scratched from his start against the Giants today due to shoulder soreness. Odrisamer Despaigne — which I coulda swore was a Belgian ale of some sort as opposed to a pitcher, but I guess not — will start in his place.
Cashner has made three starts since missing a month or so with elbow issues and two of those three starts were pretty good. This could just be something done out of caution. One hopes it’s not some chain reaction thing due to overcompensating or what have you. Obviously, though, we can’t know at the moment. Worth watching, though, given that the Padres just fired their GM and could be on the verge of some major restructuring.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)