Jun 23, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that Padres starter Andrew Cashner has been scratched from his start against the Giants today due to shoulder soreness. Odrisamer Despaigne — which I coulda swore was a Belgian ale of some sort as opposed to a pitcher, but I guess not — will start in his place.
Cashner has made three starts since missing a month or so with elbow issues and two of those three starts were pretty good. This could just be something done out of caution. One hopes it’s not some chain reaction thing due to overcompensating or what have you. Obviously, though, we can’t know at the moment. Worth watching, though, given that the Padres just fired their GM and could be on the verge of some major restructuring.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 41
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)