Jun 23, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
“I’m looking forward to watching him hit, not necessarily looking forward to facing him,” Melvin said. “I did [see his double recently]. I’ve seen some of his hacks here before, too.
“We may walk Bartolo intentionally a couple of times just to get him on the basepaths, see him run around a little bit.”
Oh please, oh please, oh please. I’d pay good money to see this. Especially if Terry Collins gives Colon the green light to swipe second.
In other news, given the Mets’ offense, it may be the best game plan for legitimate reasons as well as comedic ones.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)