Jun 23, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
“I’m looking forward to watching him hit, not necessarily looking forward to facing him,” Melvin said. “I did [see his double recently]. I’ve seen some of his hacks here before, too.
“We may walk Bartolo intentionally a couple of times just to get him on the basepaths, see him run around a little bit.”
Oh please, oh please, oh please. I’d pay good money to see this. Especially if Terry Collins gives Colon the green light to swipe second.
In other news, given the Mets’ offense, it may be the best game plan for legitimate reasons as well as comedic ones.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)