Jun 23, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Jose Bautista came up limping while running the bases Sunday and the Blue Jays announced that the star right fielder been diagnosed with a mild left hamstring strain.
Bautista won’t play tonight, but manager John Gibbons told Shi Davidi of the Toronto Sportsnet that “hopefully just a couple of days” is all the missed time he’ll require. So for now at least he’ll avoid the disabled list.
Bautista is in the midst of an excellent season, hitting .305 with 15 homers and a .959 OPS in 77 games while leading the American League in walks (59), on-base percentage (.433), and runs scored (77).
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)