Jun 23, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Jose Bautista came up limping while running the bases Sunday and the Blue Jays announced that the star right fielder been diagnosed with a mild left hamstring strain.
Bautista won’t play tonight, but manager John Gibbons told Shi Davidi of the Toronto Sportsnet that “hopefully just a couple of days” is all the missed time he’ll require. So for now at least he’ll avoid the disabled list.
Bautista is in the midst of an excellent season, hitting .305 with 15 homers and a .959 OPS in 77 games while leading the American League in walks (59), on-base percentage (.433), and runs scored (77).
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 9
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 42
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 61
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)