Jun 23, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Jose Bautista came up limping while running the bases Sunday and the Blue Jays announced that the star right fielder been diagnosed with a mild left hamstring strain.
Bautista won’t play tonight, but manager John Gibbons told Shi Davidi of the Toronto Sportsnet that “hopefully just a couple of days” is all the missed time he’ll require. So for now at least he’ll avoid the disabled list.
Bautista is in the midst of an excellent season, hitting .305 with 15 homers and a .959 OPS in 77 games while leading the American League in walks (59), on-base percentage (.433), and runs scored (77).
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)