Jun 23, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Every year during the All-Star break there’s a “Legends and Celebrities Softball Game” and MLB just announced the participants for this year’s event at Target Field in Minnesota.
The list of “legends” is an impressive one: Rickey Henderson, Andre Dawson, Rollie Fingers, Mike Piazza, Jack Morris, Fred Lynn, Ozzie Smith, John Smoltz, and Jim Thome.
And then there’s a solid group of local star athletes from other Minnesota teams: Adrian Peterson, Kevin Love, Maya Moore, and Zach Parise.
But then here’s the complete list of “celebrities” signed up for the game: Andy Cohen, James Denton, Chris Distefano, Jennie Finch, Melanie Iglesias, Fat Joe, Charlie McDermott, Nelly, Dylan O’Brien, Rob Riggle, Sway, and Andrew Zimmern.
Woof. Not listed: Jon Hamm. What a travesty.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)