Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
The latest update in the National League All-Star balloting was released earlier this evening and there are some significant changes from last week.
Perhaps the biggest one is that NL home run and RBI leader Giancarlo Stanton has dropped to fourth in the voting among outfielders. He has flipped-flopped with Carlos Gomez. Meanwhile, Aramis Ramirez has jumped over David Wright to take the lead at third base. It’s still a very close vote at the position, with Pablo Sandoval nipping at their heels.
Jonathan Lucroy, with the help of the Brewers’ recent “attack ad” against Yadier Molina, has made a big move to pass Buster Posey for second among catchers. However, he still has some work to do to pass Molina.
Check out the full update below:
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 7
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 29
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 55
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)