Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
The latest update in the National League All-Star balloting was released earlier this evening and there are some significant changes from last week.
Perhaps the biggest one is that NL home run and RBI leader Giancarlo Stanton has dropped to fourth in the voting among outfielders. He has flipped-flopped with Carlos Gomez. Meanwhile, Aramis Ramirez has jumped over David Wright to take the lead at third base. It’s still a very close vote at the position, with Pablo Sandoval nipping at their heels.
Jonathan Lucroy, with the help of the Brewers’ recent “attack ad” against Yadier Molina, has made a big move to pass Buster Posey for second among catchers. However, he still has some work to do to pass Molina.
Check out the full update below:
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 4
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)