Jun 24, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
For a couple of years now, Phillies fans and radio yakkers have given Jimmy Rollins crap for not wanting to waive his no-trade rights. This despite the fact that he has not, to anyone’s knowledge anyway, actually been asked to for an imminent deal yet. They just know he’s selfish and stuff for not … um, wanting to stay on the team and help them win? Man, I have no idea how that logic works.
Anyway, Chase Utley has 10-and-5 no-trade rights too. And unlike Rollins he’s actually having a great year. That would seem to make him a pretty tasty trade target, no? Well, no. Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports:
Utley has indicated his desire to remain in Philadelphia, but what if the team begins a long rebuilding effort?
“Well, you’re creating situations that aren’t necessarily going to happen,” Utley told MLB.com. “I guess we’d have to see at that point, but I don’t plan on going anywhere.”
Comments like that got Rollins raked over the coals. Will it happen to Utley?
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)