Jun 24, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
“To be honest with you, I hope they go 0-162,” Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler said to ESPN The Magazine in March about the team that traded him over the winter for Prince Fielder. “I got friends, and I love my friends, but I hope they lose their ass.”
Kinsler also called Rangers general manager Jon Daniels a “sleazeball” for pushing Nolan Ryan, who is now with the Astros, out of the front office mix.
So it should come as no surprise that this happened Tuesday when Kinsler hit a solo home run in his first plate appearance back in Arlington, Texas …
— MLB (@MLB) June 25, 2014
Kinsler is batting .293/.325/.469 with nine home runs and 36 RBI in 72 games this season for Detroit.
Fielder is out for the season after undergoing cervical fusion surgery in his neck at the end of May.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (270)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)