Jun 24, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
“To be honest with you, I hope they go 0-162,” Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler said to ESPN The Magazine in March about the team that traded him over the winter for Prince Fielder. “I got friends, and I love my friends, but I hope they lose their ass.”
Kinsler also called Rangers general manager Jon Daniels a “sleazeball” for pushing Nolan Ryan, who is now with the Astros, out of the front office mix.
So it should come as no surprise that this happened Tuesday when Kinsler hit a solo home run in his first plate appearance back in Arlington, Texas …
— MLB (@MLB) June 25, 2014
Kinsler is batting .293/.325/.469 with nine home runs and 36 RBI in 72 games this season for Detroit.
Fielder is out for the season after undergoing cervical fusion surgery in his neck at the end of May.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)