Jun 24, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
“To be honest with you, I hope they go 0-162,” Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler said to ESPN The Magazine in March about the team that traded him over the winter for Prince Fielder. “I got friends, and I love my friends, but I hope they lose their ass.”
Kinsler also called Rangers general manager Jon Daniels a “sleazeball” for pushing Nolan Ryan, who is now with the Astros, out of the front office mix.
So it should come as no surprise that this happened Tuesday when Kinsler hit a solo home run in his first plate appearance back in Arlington, Texas …
— MLB (@MLB) June 25, 2014
Kinsler is batting .293/.325/.469 with nine home runs and 36 RBI in 72 games this season for Detroit.
Fielder is out for the season after undergoing cervical fusion surgery in his neck at the end of May.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 23
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)