Jun 24, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
“To be honest with you, I hope they go 0-162,” Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler said to ESPN The Magazine in March about the team that traded him over the winter for Prince Fielder. “I got friends, and I love my friends, but I hope they lose their ass.”
Kinsler also called Rangers general manager Jon Daniels a “sleazeball” for pushing Nolan Ryan, who is now with the Astros, out of the front office mix.
So it should come as no surprise that this happened Tuesday when Kinsler hit a solo home run in his first plate appearance back in Arlington, Texas …
— MLB (@MLB) June 25, 2014
Kinsler is batting .293/.325/.469 with nine home runs and 36 RBI in 72 games this season for Detroit.
Fielder is out for the season after undergoing cervical fusion surgery in his neck at the end of May.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)