Jun 24, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
As far as classic baseball pranks go, it’s a simple one: Put a cup on top of someone’s head without them noticing and then watch them go about their usual business in the dugout while trying not to crack up too much.
And yet it makes me chuckle every time.
John Danks of the White Sox was the latest target during Monday night’s game against the Orioles:
Alejandro De Aza does a pretty solid job keeping a straight face, at least for a while.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 42
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 29
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 34
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 82
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 7
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 87
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)