Jun 24, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
As far as classic baseball pranks go, it’s a simple one: Put a cup on top of someone’s head without them noticing and then watch them go about their usual business in the dugout while trying not to crack up too much.
And yet it makes me chuckle every time.
John Danks of the White Sox was the latest target during Monday night’s game against the Orioles:
Alejandro De Aza does a pretty solid job keeping a straight face, at least for a while.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)