Jun 24, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Chen had an ugly 7.45 ERA before being shut down, but he was solid in a swingman role last season and the Royals weren’t going to give up on the 37-year-old southpaw after re-signing him for $4.25 million this offeason. For now he’ll be a long reliever.
Collins has been one of the league’s better left-handed setup men since debuting, posting a 3.55 ERA with 205 strikeouts in 190 innings from 2011-2013, but the diminutive southpaw’s control has always been shaky and this year he had an ugly 10/10 K/BB ratio in 17 innings to go with a 4.15 ERA. He’ll be back in Kansas City, most likely pretty soon.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)