Jun 24, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that right-hander Shelby Miller was lifted from his start Tuesday night at Coors Field because of tightness in his back. Miller complained of a hip stinger after a rough start last Thursday against the Phillies and he looked stiff on the mound throughout his 2 2/3 innings on Tuesday versus the Rockies.
Miller surrendered three earned runs on six hits and five walks Tuesday before exiting and the 23-year-old now has a 3.75 ERA and 1.40 WHIP in 93 2/3 total innings this season. St. Louis is calling up 2013 first-round pick Marco Gonzales for his major league debut Wednesday and now there’s a little more pressure on the kid to perform. Joe Kelly is still at least a week away from returning from a severe left hamstring strain.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)