Jun 24, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
Pirates left fielder Starling Marte banged his head into the knee of Rays infielder Sean Rodriguez while trying to steal second base in the top of the fifth inning Tuesday. A little white later, the Bucs tweeted this …
Starling Marte was removed from the game because of concussion-like symptoms. Starling is being treated and evaluated.
— Pittsburgh Pirates (@Pirates) June 25, 2014
An extended absence seems likely even if the concussion is deemed mild. Pittsburgh can roll with the hot-hitting Josh Harrison in left field with second baseman Neil Walker recovered from an appendectomy.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86