Jun 24, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Last October the news broke that Maria Peguero, wife of then-Mariners outfielder Carlos Peguero, faced federal wire-fraud charges for making nearly $180,000 worth of online purchases on a debit card belonging to Sandra Hernandez, the wife of Mariners starter Felix Hernandez.
In February she pled guilty. Today she was sentenced: she’ll do a year and a day in prison and has agreed to make restitution.
Carlos Peguero now plays for Omaha in the Royals organization. I doubt that Maria is going to Leavenworth over this, but if she becomes a problem inmate and gets shipped there for some reason, she’ll be less than a three hour drive away.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 70
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)