Jun 24, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Last October the news broke that Maria Peguero, wife of then-Mariners outfielder Carlos Peguero, faced federal wire-fraud charges for making nearly $180,000 worth of online purchases on a debit card belonging to Sandra Hernandez, the wife of Mariners starter Felix Hernandez.
In February she pled guilty. Today she was sentenced: she’ll do a year and a day in prison and has agreed to make restitution.
Carlos Peguero now plays for Omaha in the Royals organization. I doubt that Maria is going to Leavenworth over this, but if she becomes a problem inmate and gets shipped there for some reason, she’ll be less than a three hour drive away.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)