Jun 24, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Last October the news broke that Maria Peguero, wife of then-Mariners outfielder Carlos Peguero, faced federal wire-fraud charges for making nearly $180,000 worth of online purchases on a debit card belonging to Sandra Hernandez, the wife of Mariners starter Felix Hernandez.
In February she pled guilty. Today she was sentenced: she’ll do a year and a day in prison and has agreed to make restitution.
Carlos Peguero now plays for Omaha in the Royals organization. I doubt that Maria is going to Leavenworth over this, but if she becomes a problem inmate and gets shipped there for some reason, she’ll be less than a three hour drive away.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)