Jun 24, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Last October the news broke that Maria Peguero, wife of then-Mariners outfielder Carlos Peguero, faced federal wire-fraud charges for making nearly $180,000 worth of online purchases on a debit card belonging to Sandra Hernandez, the wife of Mariners starter Felix Hernandez.
In February she pled guilty. Today she was sentenced: she’ll do a year and a day in prison and has agreed to make restitution.
Carlos Peguero now plays for Omaha in the Royals organization. I doubt that Maria is going to Leavenworth over this, but if she becomes a problem inmate and gets shipped there for some reason, she’ll be less than a three hour drive away.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 24
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 45
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 25
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)