Jun 24, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Last October the news broke that Maria Peguero, wife of then-Mariners outfielder Carlos Peguero, faced federal wire-fraud charges for making nearly $180,000 worth of online purchases on a debit card belonging to Sandra Hernandez, the wife of Mariners starter Felix Hernandez.
In February she pled guilty. Today she was sentenced: she’ll do a year and a day in prison and has agreed to make restitution.
Carlos Peguero now plays for Omaha in the Royals organization. I doubt that Maria is going to Leavenworth over this, but if she becomes a problem inmate and gets shipped there for some reason, she’ll be less than a three hour drive away.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 8
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 17
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)