Jun 24, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Bell was previously released from Triple-A by the Orioles, who signed him to a minor-league deal after he was cut from the Rays’ big-league team. Overall this season he has a 5.40 ERA in 17 innings at Triple-A and a 7.27 ERA in 17 innings as a big leaguer.
Also of note: Bell is still being paid $9 million this season as part of his original $27 million contract with the Marlins, who dumped him on the Rays in December while agreeing to cover about half of that money.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)