Jun 25, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Dodgers outfield prospect Joc Pederson is expected to miss at least 10 days with a mild shoulder separation, suffered on a diving catch attempt for Triple-A Albuquerque in Tuesday afternoon’s game in Iowa.
The official diagnosis is a Grade 1 separation of the A/C joint in Pederson’s right shoulder. This comes with unfortunate timing for the 22-year-old outfielder, who was banging on the door for a promotion to the major leagues with a .319/.437/.568 batting line, 17 home runs, and 20 stolen bases through 74 games this season at Triple-A.
Baseball America placed Pederson at No. 34 on their Top 100 Prospects list this past winter.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)