Jun 25, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Dodgers outfield prospect Joc Pederson is expected to miss at least 10 days with a mild shoulder separation, suffered on a diving catch attempt for Triple-A Albuquerque in Tuesday afternoon’s game in Iowa.
The official diagnosis is a Grade 1 separation of the A/C joint in Pederson’s right shoulder. This comes with unfortunate timing for the 22-year-old outfielder, who was banging on the door for a promotion to the major leagues with a .319/.437/.568 batting line, 17 home runs, and 20 stolen bases through 74 games this season at Triple-A.
Baseball America placed Pederson at No. 34 on their Top 100 Prospects list this past winter.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)