Jun 25, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Dodgers outfield prospect Joc Pederson is expected to miss at least 10 days with a mild shoulder separation, suffered on a diving catch attempt for Triple-A Albuquerque in Tuesday afternoon’s game in Iowa.
The official diagnosis is a Grade 1 separation of the A/C joint in Pederson’s right shoulder. This comes with unfortunate timing for the 22-year-old outfielder, who was banging on the door for a promotion to the major leagues with a .319/.437/.568 batting line, 17 home runs, and 20 stolen bases through 74 games this season at Triple-A.
Baseball America placed Pederson at No. 34 on their Top 100 Prospects list this past winter.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (89)