Jun 25, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Dodgers outfield prospect Joc Pederson is expected to miss at least 10 days with a mild shoulder separation, suffered on a diving catch attempt for Triple-A Albuquerque in Tuesday afternoon’s game in Iowa.
The official diagnosis is a Grade 1 separation of the A/C joint in Pederson’s right shoulder. This comes with unfortunate timing for the 22-year-old outfielder, who was banging on the door for a promotion to the major leagues with a .319/.437/.568 batting line, 17 home runs, and 20 stolen bases through 74 games this season at Triple-A.
Baseball America placed Pederson at No. 34 on their Top 100 Prospects list this past winter.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)