Jun 25, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Dodgers outfield prospect Joc Pederson is expected to miss at least 10 days with a mild shoulder separation, suffered on a diving catch attempt for Triple-A Albuquerque in Tuesday afternoon’s game in Iowa.
The official diagnosis is a Grade 1 separation of the A/C joint in Pederson’s right shoulder. This comes with unfortunate timing for the 22-year-old outfielder, who was banging on the door for a promotion to the major leagues with a .319/.437/.568 batting line, 17 home runs, and 20 stolen bases through 74 games this season at Triple-A.
Baseball America placed Pederson at No. 34 on their Top 100 Prospects list this past winter.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)