Jun 25, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Gerrit Cole wasn’t ready to come off the disabled list when eligible last week, but the Pirates right-hander is now recovered enough from his shoulder problems to rejoin the rotation Saturday versus the Mets.
Cole last pitched on June 3, but threw an 84-pitch simulated game Tuesday to convince the Pirates that he’s ready to return. Before being shut down with what the Pirates called shoulder fatigue the 23-year-old former No. 1 overall pick had a 3.64 ERA and 69/25 K/BB ratio in 77 innings to build on a very strong rookie showing last season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 160
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)