Jun 25, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
After leaving him on the active roster but unavailable for more than a week the Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the disabled list with a back injury.
Pagan ended up sitting out eight straight games before being shut down, with Gregor Blanco replacing him in center field. Before the injury he was having a very good season, hitting a career-high .307 with three homers and a .767 OPS in 63 games.
He’s in the second season of a four-year, $40 million deal, which will pay the 32-year-old $9 million in 2015 and $10 million in 2016.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8