Jun 25, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
After leaving him on the active roster but unavailable for more than a week the Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the disabled list with a back injury.
Pagan ended up sitting out eight straight games before being shut down, with Gregor Blanco replacing him in center field. Before the injury he was having a very good season, hitting a career-high .307 with three homers and a .767 OPS in 63 games.
He’s in the second season of a four-year, $40 million deal, which will pay the 32-year-old $9 million in 2015 and $10 million in 2016.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 8
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 26
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)