Jun 25, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
After leaving him on the active roster but unavailable for more than a week the Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the disabled list with a back injury.
Pagan ended up sitting out eight straight games before being shut down, with Gregor Blanco replacing him in center field. Before the injury he was having a very good season, hitting a career-high .307 with three homers and a .767 OPS in 63 games.
He’s in the second season of a four-year, $40 million deal, which will pay the 32-year-old $9 million in 2015 and $10 million in 2016.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)