Jun 25, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
After leaving him on the active roster but unavailable for more than a week the Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the disabled list with a back injury.
Pagan ended up sitting out eight straight games before being shut down, with Gregor Blanco replacing him in center field. Before the injury he was having a very good season, hitting a career-high .307 with three homers and a .767 OPS in 63 games.
He’s in the second season of a four-year, $40 million deal, which will pay the 32-year-old $9 million in 2015 and $10 million in 2016.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 10
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 279
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (279)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)