Jun 25, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
After leaving him on the active roster but unavailable for more than a week the Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the disabled list with a back injury.
Pagan ended up sitting out eight straight games before being shut down, with Gregor Blanco replacing him in center field. Before the injury he was having a very good season, hitting a career-high .307 with three homers and a .767 OPS in 63 games.
He’s in the second season of a four-year, $40 million deal, which will pay the 32-year-old $9 million in 2015 and $10 million in 2016.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11