Jun 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, the National League captain for the home-run derby, said this week that he would consider selecting Puig.
“If he chooses me, I absolutely welcome it,” Puig told the Los Angeles Times through an interpreter, “but it doesn’t matter to me whether I play or not.”
I’m torn. On the one hand, of course I want to see Yasiel Puig in the Home Run Derby.
On the other hand, the Home Run Derby is already a really long, long event. Puig’s bat flips alone would stretch this thing to the six hour mark, would they not?
OK, I’ll say yes, let’s go with Puig. But we should all bring snacks and stuff, because it may take a while.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)