Jun 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Last night both B.J. and Justin Upton homered in the Braves’ victory over the Astros. That was the fourth time they have done that as teammates and that ties a record.
The co-record holders: Jason and Jeremy Giambi and Vladimir and Wilton Guerrero. It’s a shame George Brett and his brother Ken didn’t share an NL team, as Ken Brett could hit. He had four in one season back in 1973. Oh well, I suppose the Royals are happy they didn’t share teams any more than they did. Why Ozzie and Jose Canseco never managed to do this is one of the great genetics questions of all time.
As for the Uptons: assuming B.J. doesn’t get himself DFA’d sometime soon — not the safest assumption I’d ever make but one that’s probably reasonable — they have a decent chance to claim the record for their own. And even if they don’t, I feel like they will eventually set the record for brothers striking out three times in a game together, if they don’t own it already.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)