Jun 25, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Police blotter time:
- Chicago White Sox Minor League outfielder Adam Heisler has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspension of Heisler, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Winston-Salem Dash of the Carolina League, is effective immediately.
- Oakland Athletics Minor League third baseman Tyler Ladendorf has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a drug of abuse. The suspension of Ladendorf, who is currently on the roster of the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats of the Pacific Coast League, is effective immediately.
Both of these guys are 26-year-old non-prospects, so it’s like the first and the last time you’ll read their names on HBT.
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 0
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 13
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)