Jun 25, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Police blotter time:
- Chicago White Sox Minor League outfielder Adam Heisler has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspension of Heisler, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Winston-Salem Dash of the Carolina League, is effective immediately.
- Oakland Athletics Minor League third baseman Tyler Ladendorf has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a drug of abuse. The suspension of Ladendorf, who is currently on the roster of the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats of the Pacific Coast League, is effective immediately.
Both of these guys are 26-year-old non-prospects, so it’s like the first and the last time you’ll read their names on HBT.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)