Jun 25, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Police blotter time:
- Chicago White Sox Minor League outfielder Adam Heisler has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspension of Heisler, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Winston-Salem Dash of the Carolina League, is effective immediately.
- Oakland Athletics Minor League third baseman Tyler Ladendorf has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a drug of abuse. The suspension of Ladendorf, who is currently on the roster of the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats of the Pacific Coast League, is effective immediately.
Both of these guys are 26-year-old non-prospects, so it’s like the first and the last time you’ll read their names on HBT.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)