Jun 25, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Police blotter time:
- Chicago White Sox Minor League outfielder Adam Heisler has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspension of Heisler, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Winston-Salem Dash of the Carolina League, is effective immediately.
- Oakland Athletics Minor League third baseman Tyler Ladendorf has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a drug of abuse. The suspension of Ladendorf, who is currently on the roster of the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats of the Pacific Coast League, is effective immediately.
Both of these guys are 26-year-old non-prospects, so it’s like the first and the last time you’ll read their names on HBT.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)