Jun 25, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Police blotter time:
- Chicago White Sox Minor League outfielder Adam Heisler has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspension of Heisler, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Winston-Salem Dash of the Carolina League, is effective immediately.
- Oakland Athletics Minor League third baseman Tyler Ladendorf has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a drug of abuse. The suspension of Ladendorf, who is currently on the roster of the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats of the Pacific Coast League, is effective immediately.
Both of these guys are 26-year-old non-prospects, so it’s like the first and the last time you’ll read their names on HBT.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)