Video: The greatest fan-cam moment in recorded history

Jun 25, 2014, 7:23 AM EST

My kids once made the fan-cam and saw themselves on the big scoreboard at a Columbus Clippers game. They jumped around and were super excited. But they were nowhere near as excited as this kid — who, based on the hashtag I assume was at a Marlins game last weekend — was.

Some kids you wonder about. Some kids you see for one second and say “yeah, I think he’s gonna be just fine.” This kid is in the latter camp.

1. renaado - Jun 25, 2014 at 7:30 AM

/speechless…

• captainwisdom88 - Jun 25, 2014 at 8:18 AM

this is one of the funniest things ive seen in a long while haha. im a 25 year old white man. and that little alien looking kid has WAYYYYYYY more flow on the dance floor than i think ill ever have

disturbing….yes most certainly

but goddam is that funny

2. RickyB - Jun 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Showed this to my wife, and she simply said, “That’s disturbing.”

3. nbjays - Jun 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Rumor has it that Chippendales is already asking for a resume to keep on file.

• cur68 - Jun 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Boy’s a doggdammned HERO at his school right now. He’s got Talent.

• nbjays - Jun 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Yep, and the fathers of all the preteen girls in that school have warned them to “stay the hell away from that little freak” :-)

• cur68 - Jun 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM

And all those little girls will then look at his slick moves & comedic timing and think “Shut up, Dad.”

• nbjays - Jun 25, 2014 at 2:46 PM

As the father of a 12-year-old daughter, I can report that it would be more of an eye roll and a muttered “Whatever!”

• cur68 - Jun 25, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Mine’s 18. I quoted. She usually laughs when she says that, though. Its the silent treatment when she’s mad at me. And “whatever” is reserved for “Did you see what Bautista did last night?”

• nbjays - Jun 25, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I’m teaching mine to like baseball. When the game started tonight, the first thing she asked me was “is Edwin OK?”

• cur68 - Jun 26, 2014 at 1:07 AM

God man. Mine just makes disparaging remarks about my long distance, one sided, bro-mance with Jose Bautista. She’s very judgemental.

4. bobdira - Jun 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Apparently you start out like a chippendale but end up dancing in your seat, unable to stand up. As demonstrated by the adults behind him.

5. sophiethegreatdane - Jun 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM

My immediate thought: Jesus Quintana Jr.

6. dremmel69 - Jun 25, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Something about this looks fake. Could it be fake? Maybe I just want it to be fake. Lord, I hope this is fake. (It’s fake, right?)

7. digbysellers - Jun 25, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Magic Tike

8. adenzeno - Jun 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Eddie Munster’s love child.

• indaburg - Jun 25, 2014 at 12:41 PM

With Jenna Jameson?

9. newpairofsox - Jun 25, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Children. Gotta love ‘em.

10. philliesblow - Jun 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Looks a bit like Curious George

11. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:07 AM

This kids head/face is just freaking me out.

12. tfbuckfutter - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM

All 14 fans in attendance were in hysterics.

13. cheeks9441 - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I’m sure the Thumbs Downs will pile up, but I feel like something relatively similar to that happens on every Fan Cam. Not impressed.

• renaado - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM

First time for me seein those flexi moves… Dang.

• Bryz - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Considering most of them that I’ve seen involve people that are either oblivious that they’re on the big screen, or just wave and smile… I’m a big concerned to know what kind of Fan Cam you’ve endured.

• Bryz - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM

bit concerned*

Edit function!

14. tbird05 - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:26 AM

For some reason, he reminds me of the old chucky doll. Kind of creepy.

On a different note, it looks like he has the drunken frat party dance down pat.

15. downvotesforeveryone - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM

That kid looks like Nosferatu.

• chinahand11 - Jun 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Gawd that’s funny.

16. rg3zacharm - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Havana night in Miami

17. yahmule - Jun 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM

He’ll be embarrassed when his kids see this video, later this afternoon.

18. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Jun 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I just felt the phantom pain of the smack I would have received from my parents if I had ever acted like that in public.

19. drunkenhooliganism - Jun 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Chupacabra.

20. brahkshark - Jun 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM

For those who are looking at his physical appearance, he has what I think is a mild case of Waardenburg Syndrome, he’s perfectly normal kid with extraordinary dancing skill

• cur68 - Jun 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Perhaps. Now that I see your comment, I might think so, too. He does have a few features that might be considered in those lights but not a whole lot of them so a mild case could be there. But the startling blue eyes are often the giveaway in the mild cases. This young fella’s eyes appear the same colour and not bright blue. Given there is no midline evidence of lack of pigmentation, good motor movement (there can be some upper limb stiffness: this little guy is anything but stiff!), no evidence of needing abdominal surgery (hirschsprung’s disease is a facet of the syndrome and that can often need some surgery), and no hearing aids or overt evidence of deafness, I’d say maybe not to the syndrome, but I’d be on board with getting DNA. His eyes are a touch wideset and a touch down turned at the corners but his major physiologic feature might be leanness. Fill him out with some baby fat and I bet he appears quite normal. Its hard to say with him getting his mug-on for the camera. I’ve seen enough newborns with Waardenburg of different types to kind of have a feel for them but looking at the parents and looking at the infant often just leaves you saying “He looks like the child of these two people”.

In the end, he seems quite normal to above average. Great sense of humour, timing, moves, and a healthy disregard for public opinion: have fun and make the most of your moments.

Will his peers and the public see it that way or will they be cruel to him is of more concern to me, though. The internet is wide open place and people might not think of how their comments can be seen by the person about whom they are speaking. Even worse are those who do know their comments will be seen or direct them at the person. We’ve had people remove facebook pages and public blogs about their sick children because of stuff like that. I’m glad Craig and some others on here stuck to his excellent moves and sense of timing.

21. stlouis1baseball - Jun 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Kid is flat out workin’ it. I mean…damn. Getting his swerve on.

22. miguelcairo - Jun 25, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Kid looks like a Pokemon character.

23. pittsburghpierogie - Jun 25, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hate to be cruel and all, but that is one ugly/freaky looking kid.

24. weaselpuppy - Jun 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM

future serial killer.

25. eagles512 - Jun 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM

What an annoying kid

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5948)