Jun 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Orioles starter Bud Norris left the game on Saturday with some right groin tightness. It was a bit more serious than that, it seems. An MRI taken today reveals that Norris has a groin strain and now he’s off to the 15-day DL.
Norris will not likely be gone for long, but his loss will be felt. He has been steady for Baltimore this year, posting a 3.62 ERA and a 60/28 K/BB ratio in 87 innings this season.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)