Jun 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Orioles starter Bud Norris left the game on Saturday with some right groin tightness. It was a bit more serious than that, it seems. An MRI taken today reveals that Norris has a groin strain and now he’s off to the 15-day DL.
Norris will not likely be gone for long, but his loss will be felt. He has been steady for Baltimore this year, posting a 3.62 ERA and a 60/28 K/BB ratio in 87 innings this season.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)