Jun 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Orioles starter Bud Norris left the game on Saturday with some right groin tightness. It was a bit more serious than that, it seems. An MRI taken today reveals that Norris has a groin strain and now he’s off to the 15-day DL.
Norris will not likely be gone for long, but his loss will be felt. He has been steady for Baltimore this year, posting a 3.62 ERA and a 60/28 K/BB ratio in 87 innings this season.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 14
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 54
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)