Jun 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Orioles starter Bud Norris left the game on Saturday with some right groin tightness. It was a bit more serious than that, it seems. An MRI taken today reveals that Norris has a groin strain and now he’s off to the 15-day DL.
Norris will not likely be gone for long, but his loss will be felt. He has been steady for Baltimore this year, posting a 3.62 ERA and a 60/28 K/BB ratio in 87 innings this season.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 18
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 100
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (100)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)