Jun 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Orioles starter Bud Norris left the game on Saturday with some right groin tightness. It was a bit more serious than that, it seems. An MRI taken today reveals that Norris has a groin strain and now he’s off to the 15-day DL.
Norris will not likely be gone for long, but his loss will be felt. He has been steady for Baltimore this year, posting a 3.62 ERA and a 60/28 K/BB ratio in 87 innings this season.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)