Jun 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The Dodgers have activated third baseman Juan Uribe from the disabled list, MLB.com’s Michael Lananna reports. He is in tonight’s lineup against the Cardinals. Uribe had been sidelined since May 21 with a strained right hamstring. Carlos Triunfel was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque to make room for Uribe on the roster.
Uribe, 35, was off to a great start with the Dodgers, slashing .303/.331/.454 with four home runs and 18 RBI in 160 plate appearances. In Uribe’s absence, the Dodgers had been using a combination of Justin Turner, Chone Figgins, and Miguel Rojas.
Shortstop Hanley Ramirez remains out of the Dodgers’ lineup, as he continues to battle irritation of the A/C joint in his right shoulder.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)