Jun 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The Dodgers have activated third baseman Juan Uribe from the disabled list, MLB.com’s Michael Lananna reports. He is in tonight’s lineup against the Cardinals. Uribe had been sidelined since May 21 with a strained right hamstring. Carlos Triunfel was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque to make room for Uribe on the roster.
Uribe, 35, was off to a great start with the Dodgers, slashing .303/.331/.454 with four home runs and 18 RBI in 160 plate appearances. In Uribe’s absence, the Dodgers had been using a combination of Justin Turner, Chone Figgins, and Miguel Rojas.
Shortstop Hanley Ramirez remains out of the Dodgers’ lineup, as he continues to battle irritation of the A/C joint in his right shoulder.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)