Jun 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The Dodgers have activated third baseman Juan Uribe from the disabled list, MLB.com’s Michael Lananna reports. He is in tonight’s lineup against the Cardinals. Uribe had been sidelined since May 21 with a strained right hamstring. Carlos Triunfel was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque to make room for Uribe on the roster.
Uribe, 35, was off to a great start with the Dodgers, slashing .303/.331/.454 with four home runs and 18 RBI in 160 plate appearances. In Uribe’s absence, the Dodgers had been using a combination of Justin Turner, Chone Figgins, and Miguel Rojas.
Shortstop Hanley Ramirez remains out of the Dodgers’ lineup, as he continues to battle irritation of the A/C joint in his right shoulder.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)