Jun 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Nationals have activated catcher Wilson Ramos from the disabled list and optioned Sandy Leon back to Triple-A Syracuse, CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman reports. Ramos had been on the disabled list since June 11 with a strained right hamstring.
It was Ramos’ second stint on the DL. He had missed games two through 33 with a fractured hamate bone in his left wrist. When he has been healthy, Ramos slashed .261/.314/.370 with one home run and 11 RBI in 102 plate appearances.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Thursday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)