Jun 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Nationals have activated catcher Wilson Ramos from the disabled list and optioned Sandy Leon back to Triple-A Syracuse, CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman reports. Ramos had been on the disabled list since June 11 with a strained right hamstring.
It was Ramos’ second stint on the DL. He had missed games two through 33 with a fractured hamate bone in his left wrist. When he has been healthy, Ramos slashed .261/.314/.370 with one home run and 11 RBI in 102 plate appearances.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Thursday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)