Jun 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Nationals have activated catcher Wilson Ramos from the disabled list and optioned Sandy Leon back to Triple-A Syracuse, CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman reports. Ramos had been on the disabled list since June 11 with a strained right hamstring.
It was Ramos’ second stint on the DL. He had missed games two through 33 with a fractured hamate bone in his left wrist. When he has been healthy, Ramos slashed .261/.314/.370 with one home run and 11 RBI in 102 plate appearances.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Thursday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)