Jun 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that the Padres have claimed infielder Irving Falu on waivers from the Brewers. Falu was hitless with a walk and an RBI in 12 plate appearances with the Brewers between May 26 and June 13.
Falu, 31, has only 107 plate appearances in the majors overall, but he can play second base, third base, and shortstop. In 170 PA with Triple-A Nashville this season, Falu slashed .306/.364/.361 with one home run, 10 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)