Jun 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that the Padres have claimed infielder Irving Falu on waivers from the Brewers. Falu was hitless with a walk and an RBI in 12 plate appearances with the Brewers between May 26 and June 13.
Falu, 31, has only 107 plate appearances in the majors overall, but he can play second base, third base, and shortstop. In 170 PA with Triple-A Nashville this season, Falu slashed .306/.364/.361 with one home run, 10 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)