Jun 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that the Padres have claimed infielder Irving Falu on waivers from the Brewers. Falu was hitless with a walk and an RBI in 12 plate appearances with the Brewers between May 26 and June 13.
Falu, 31, has only 107 plate appearances in the majors overall, but he can play second base, third base, and shortstop. In 170 PA with Triple-A Nashville this season, Falu slashed .306/.364/.361 with one home run, 10 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 18
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)