Jun 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that the Padres have claimed infielder Irving Falu on waivers from the Brewers. Falu was hitless with a walk and an RBI in 12 plate appearances with the Brewers between May 26 and June 13.
Falu, 31, has only 107 plate appearances in the majors overall, but he can play second base, third base, and shortstop. In 170 PA with Triple-A Nashville this season, Falu slashed .306/.364/.361 with one home run, 10 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)