Jun 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that the Padres have claimed infielder Irving Falu on waivers from the Brewers. Falu was hitless with a walk and an RBI in 12 plate appearances with the Brewers between May 26 and June 13.
Falu, 31, has only 107 plate appearances in the majors overall, but he can play second base, third base, and shortstop. In 170 PA with Triple-A Nashville this season, Falu slashed .306/.364/.361 with one home run, 10 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)