Jun 26, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
Is the end nigh for The Professor?
Farnsworth is 38 and he’s been awful this year, posting a 6.17 ERA in 11 and two-thirds innings since joining the Astros and walking more guys than he has struck out. He was a bit better than that with the Mets to start the season, but the fact is that two teams going nowhere and who are predisposed at this point to put up with less-than-stellar production in the name of saving some money and saving their young arms has decided that Farnsworth wasn’t worth keeping him around.
That’s a bad sign if he wants to keep pitching.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54