Jun 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
If the Rangers’ rotation stays in its current order, starter Yu Darvish would make his final start of the first half on July 13 at home against the Angels. He would then have the option of pitching in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on the 15th on one day of rest, with a limit of one inning.
As Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News reports, Darvish won’t pitch on one day’s rest. Instead, he told reporters, he’ll be going sightseeing.
Darvish, in his third season in the major leagues, owns a 2.62 ERA with a 118/36 K/BB ratio in 96 1/3 innings across 14 starts.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)