Jun 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
If the Rangers’ rotation stays in its current order, starter Yu Darvish would make his final start of the first half on July 13 at home against the Angels. He would then have the option of pitching in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on the 15th on one day of rest, with a limit of one inning.
As Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News reports, Darvish won’t pitch on one day’s rest. Instead, he told reporters, he’ll be going sightseeing.
Darvish, in his third season in the major leagues, owns a 2.62 ERA with a 118/36 K/BB ratio in 96 1/3 innings across 14 starts.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)