Jun 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
If the Rangers’ rotation stays in its current order, starter Yu Darvish would make his final start of the first half on July 13 at home against the Angels. He would then have the option of pitching in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on the 15th on one day of rest, with a limit of one inning.
As Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News reports, Darvish won’t pitch on one day’s rest. Instead, he told reporters, he’ll be going sightseeing.
Darvish, in his third season in the major leagues, owns a 2.62 ERA with a 118/36 K/BB ratio in 96 1/3 innings across 14 starts.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8