Jun 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
If the Rangers’ rotation stays in its current order, starter Yu Darvish would make his final start of the first half on July 13 at home against the Angels. He would then have the option of pitching in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on the 15th on one day of rest, with a limit of one inning.
As Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News reports, Darvish won’t pitch on one day’s rest. Instead, he told reporters, he’ll be going sightseeing.
Darvish, in his third season in the major leagues, owns a 2.62 ERA with a 118/36 K/BB ratio in 96 1/3 innings across 14 starts.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 0
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 38
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)