Jun 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
If the Rangers’ rotation stays in its current order, starter Yu Darvish would make his final start of the first half on July 13 at home against the Angels. He would then have the option of pitching in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on the 15th on one day of rest, with a limit of one inning.
As Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News reports, Darvish won’t pitch on one day’s rest. Instead, he told reporters, he’ll be going sightseeing.
Darvish, in his third season in the major leagues, owns a 2.62 ERA with a 118/36 K/BB ratio in 96 1/3 innings across 14 starts.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)