Jun 27, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Josh Beckett made only eight starts last year before being sidelined by surgery, and hopes were not high that’d he’d be a key contributor to the Dodgers’ rotation this season. If he was healthy, great. Anything else was gravy. Well, he’s been more than gravy.
Beckett tossed seven shutout innings last night allowing only four hits against the Cardinals. He got the no-decision, but he was as sharp as a tack. He’s now thrown 14 straight shutout innings and allowed just four runs over his past 29 innings pitched, posting a 1.58 ERA over his last six outings. On the season he’s 6-4 record and 2.11 ERA.
Oh, and the Dodgers are now only two games back of the Giants in the NL West.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)