Jun 27, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
If you put these spoiled-rotten Triple-A players back on busses, this would never happen:
Last night’s Pacific Coast League game in El Paso’s Southwest University Park was postponed after the equipment for the visiting Tacoma Rainiers was lost by an airline. The players arrived with no issues, but the visiting team’s luggage, equipment and uniforms did not. The El Paso Chihuahuas rescheduled the game for a noon Saturday start.
According to their website, the official airline for the Rainers is Alaska Airlines. The Rainiers were coming off an off-day and a home series, so they were presumably flying Alaska, which has routes to El Paso from SEA-TAC. So: if you see baggage handlers for Alaska playing catch on their break with really nice gloves, you know what went down.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 61
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11