Jun 27, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
If you put these spoiled-rotten Triple-A players back on busses, this would never happen:
Last night’s Pacific Coast League game in El Paso’s Southwest University Park was postponed after the equipment for the visiting Tacoma Rainiers was lost by an airline. The players arrived with no issues, but the visiting team’s luggage, equipment and uniforms did not. The El Paso Chihuahuas rescheduled the game for a noon Saturday start.
According to their website, the official airline for the Rainers is Alaska Airlines. The Rainiers were coming off an off-day and a home series, so they were presumably flying Alaska, which has routes to El Paso from SEA-TAC. So: if you see baggage handlers for Alaska playing catch on their break with really nice gloves, you know what went down.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (252)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)