Jun 27, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
If you put these spoiled-rotten Triple-A players back on busses, this would never happen:
Last night’s Pacific Coast League game in El Paso’s Southwest University Park was postponed after the equipment for the visiting Tacoma Rainiers was lost by an airline. The players arrived with no issues, but the visiting team’s luggage, equipment and uniforms did not. The El Paso Chihuahuas rescheduled the game for a noon Saturday start.
According to their website, the official airline for the Rainers is Alaska Airlines. The Rainiers were coming off an off-day and a home series, so they were presumably flying Alaska, which has routes to El Paso from SEA-TAC. So: if you see baggage handlers for Alaska playing catch on their break with really nice gloves, you know what went down.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)