Jun 27, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Two dudes in the same organization get popped for 50 games:
Seattle Mariners Minor League outfielders Jamal Austin and Jabari Blash have each received a 50-game suspension without pay following second positive tests for a drug of abuse. Austin is currently on the roster of the Double-A Jackson Generals of the Southern League, while Blash is on the roster of the Triple-A Tacoma Rainiers of the Pacific Coast League. The suspensions of both players are effective immediately.
Bad couple of says for Blash. First his luggage gets lost, then he gets suspended. Man, wasn’t even worth leaving Tacoma.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20