Jun 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times reports that Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs is expected to rejoin the rotation some time next week. The lefty has been on the disabled list since June 6 with a strained right hamstring.
Skaggs had poor results in his first rehab outing with Triple-A Salt Lake on Thursday, allowing seven runs (two earned) on five hits and five walks over three innings of work. In 12 starts with the Angels prior to the injury, Skaggs posted a 4.34 ERA with a 58/24 K/BB ratio in 76 2/3 innings.
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 1
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 7
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (161)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)