Jun 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times reports that Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs is expected to rejoin the rotation some time next week. The lefty has been on the disabled list since June 6 with a strained right hamstring.
Skaggs had poor results in his first rehab outing with Triple-A Salt Lake on Thursday, allowing seven runs (two earned) on five hits and five walks over three innings of work. In 12 starts with the Angels prior to the injury, Skaggs posted a 4.34 ERA with a 58/24 K/BB ratio in 76 2/3 innings.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 33
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 94
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (95)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)