Jun 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times reports that Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs is expected to rejoin the rotation some time next week. The lefty has been on the disabled list since June 6 with a strained right hamstring.
Skaggs had poor results in his first rehab outing with Triple-A Salt Lake on Thursday, allowing seven runs (two earned) on five hits and five walks over three innings of work. In 12 starts with the Angels prior to the injury, Skaggs posted a 4.34 ERA with a 58/24 K/BB ratio in 76 2/3 innings.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)