Jun 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times reports that Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs is expected to rejoin the rotation some time next week. The lefty has been on the disabled list since June 6 with a strained right hamstring.
Skaggs had poor results in his first rehab outing with Triple-A Salt Lake on Thursday, allowing seven runs (two earned) on five hits and five walks over three innings of work. In 12 starts with the Angels prior to the injury, Skaggs posted a 4.34 ERA with a 58/24 K/BB ratio in 76 2/3 innings.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 60
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)