Jun 27, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
With runners on first and second base with two outs, Garrett Jones hit a soft line drive to left field. Cespedes charged in and got the ball on two hops, then fired a strike to catcher Derek Norris on the fly, who then tagged Stanton for the final out of the inning.
Note to opponents of the Athletics: don’t run on Cespedes.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 1
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 12
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)