Jun 28, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Astros pitcher Dallas Keuchel was unable to make Saturday’s scheduled start against the Tigers due to left wrist inflammation, per CSN Houston’s Julia Morales. The club called up Brett Oberholtzer from Triple-A Oklahoma City to start in Keuchel’s place, opposing Max Scherzer.
Manager Bo Porter didn’t want to send Keuchel to the mound “at anything less than 100 percent,” reports Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle. Keuchel is still hopeful that he will be able to make his next start.
Keuchel has been one of the American League’s best pitchers, sitting with a 2.78 ERA and an 83/26 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 innings spanning 15 starts. He leads league with three complete games.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20