Jun 28, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Astros pitcher Dallas Keuchel was unable to make Saturday’s scheduled start against the Tigers due to left wrist inflammation, per CSN Houston’s Julia Morales. The club called up Brett Oberholtzer from Triple-A Oklahoma City to start in Keuchel’s place, opposing Max Scherzer.
Manager Bo Porter didn’t want to send Keuchel to the mound “at anything less than 100 percent,” reports Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle. Keuchel is still hopeful that he will be able to make his next start.
Keuchel has been one of the American League’s best pitchers, sitting with a 2.78 ERA and an 83/26 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 innings spanning 15 starts. He leads league with three complete games.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)