Jun 28, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Astros pitcher Dallas Keuchel was unable to make Saturday’s scheduled start against the Tigers due to left wrist inflammation, per CSN Houston’s Julia Morales. The club called up Brett Oberholtzer from Triple-A Oklahoma City to start in Keuchel’s place, opposing Max Scherzer.
Manager Bo Porter didn’t want to send Keuchel to the mound “at anything less than 100 percent,” reports Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle. Keuchel is still hopeful that he will be able to make his next start.
Keuchel has been one of the American League’s best pitchers, sitting with a 2.78 ERA and an 83/26 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 innings spanning 15 starts. He leads league with three complete games.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)