Jun 28, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Astros pitcher Dallas Keuchel was unable to make Saturday’s scheduled start against the Tigers due to left wrist inflammation, per CSN Houston’s Julia Morales. The club called up Brett Oberholtzer from Triple-A Oklahoma City to start in Keuchel’s place, opposing Max Scherzer.
Manager Bo Porter didn’t want to send Keuchel to the mound “at anything less than 100 percent,” reports Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle. Keuchel is still hopeful that he will be able to make his next start.
Keuchel has been one of the American League’s best pitchers, sitting with a 2.78 ERA and an 83/26 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 innings spanning 15 starts. He leads league with three complete games.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)