Jun 28, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Shortstop Hanley Ramirez wasn’t in Dodgers manager Don Mattingly’s original lineup for Saturday night’s game against the Cardinals. Ramirez hasn’t played since Monday due to irritation of the A/C joint in his right shoulder. However, he felt good after going through a full pre-game workout and is a late addition to the lineup, Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times reports.
Ramirez, batting third, has slashed .269/.354/.469 with 11 home runs, 46 RBI, and 10 stolen bases in 308 plate appearances this season.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)