Jun 28, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Shortstop Hanley Ramirez wasn’t in Dodgers manager Don Mattingly’s original lineup for Saturday night’s game against the Cardinals. Ramirez hasn’t played since Monday due to irritation of the A/C joint in his right shoulder. However, he felt good after going through a full pre-game workout and is a late addition to the lineup, Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times reports.
Ramirez, batting third, has slashed .269/.354/.469 with 11 home runs, 46 RBI, and 10 stolen bases in 308 plate appearances this season.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)