Jun 28, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Shortstop Hanley Ramirez wasn’t in Dodgers manager Don Mattingly’s original lineup for Saturday night’s game against the Cardinals. Ramirez hasn’t played since Monday due to irritation of the A/C joint in his right shoulder. However, he felt good after going through a full pre-game workout and is a late addition to the lineup, Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times reports.
Ramirez, batting third, has slashed .269/.354/.469 with 11 home runs, 46 RBI, and 10 stolen bases in 308 plate appearances this season.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)