Jun 28, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista hopes to return to the Blue Jays on Tuesday, when the club opens up a two-game series at home against the Brewers, MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports. Bautista has been out of the Jays’ lineup since Sunday due to a strained right hamstring.
Bautista, 33, is the current leader in voting for the upcoming All-Star Game. He is slashing .305/.433/.526 with 15 home runs and 49 RBI. His on-base percentage and walks total (59) lead the American League.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)