Jun 28, 2014, 5:35 PM EST
Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista hopes to return to the Blue Jays on Tuesday, when the club opens up a two-game series at home against the Brewers, MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports. Bautista has been out of the Jays’ lineup since Sunday due to a strained right hamstring.
Bautista, 33, is the current leader in voting for the upcoming All-Star Game. He is slashing .305/.433/.526 with 15 home runs and 49 RBI. His on-base percentage and walks total (59) lead the American League.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)