Jun 28, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista hopes to return to the Blue Jays on Tuesday, when the club opens up a two-game series at home against the Brewers, MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports. Bautista has been out of the Jays’ lineup since Sunday due to a strained right hamstring.
Bautista, 33, is the current leader in voting for the upcoming All-Star Game. He is slashing .305/.433/.526 with 15 home runs and 49 RBI. His on-base percentage and walks total (59) lead the American League.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 82
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)