Jun 28, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista hopes to return to the Blue Jays on Tuesday, when the club opens up a two-game series at home against the Brewers, MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports. Bautista has been out of the Jays’ lineup since Sunday due to a strained right hamstring.
Bautista, 33, is the current leader in voting for the upcoming All-Star Game. He is slashing .305/.433/.526 with 15 home runs and 49 RBI. His on-base percentage and walks total (59) lead the American League.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 0
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 21
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)