Jun 29, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Jose Altuve went 3-for-5 with a double and a pair of stolen bases in Sunday’s win over the Tigers. It’s his fourth consecutive multi-hit game and his fourth consecutive multi-steal game. As the Astros Twitter notes, Altuve has become the first player to steal multiple bases in four consecutive games since Ray Chapman in 1917.
Altuve now leads the league with a .347 batting average, 116 hits, and 36 stolen bases (in 39 attempts, no less). Additionally, Altuve leads the major leagues in multi-hit games with 35 and in three-hit games with 14.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)