Jun 29, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Jose Altuve went 3-for-5 with a double and a pair of stolen bases in Sunday’s win over the Tigers. It’s his fourth consecutive multi-hit game and his fourth consecutive multi-steal game. As the Astros Twitter notes, Altuve has become the first player to steal multiple bases in four consecutive games since Ray Chapman in 1917.
Altuve now leads the league with a .347 batting average, 116 hits, and 36 stolen bases (in 39 attempts, no less). Additionally, Altuve leads the major leagues in multi-hit games with 35 and in three-hit games with 14.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 18
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 81
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 6
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (82)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)