Jun 29, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Jose Altuve went 3-for-5 with a double and a pair of stolen bases in Sunday’s win over the Tigers. It’s his fourth consecutive multi-hit game and his fourth consecutive multi-steal game. As the Astros Twitter notes, Altuve has become the first player to steal multiple bases in four consecutive games since Ray Chapman in 1917.
Altuve now leads the league with a .347 batting average, 116 hits, and 36 stolen bases (in 39 attempts, no less). Additionally, Altuve leads the major leagues in multi-hit games with 35 and in three-hit games with 14.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)