Jun 29, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Jose Altuve went 3-for-5 with a double and a pair of stolen bases in Sunday’s win over the Tigers. It’s his fourth consecutive multi-hit game and his fourth consecutive multi-steal game. As the Astros Twitter notes, Altuve has become the first player to steal multiple bases in four consecutive games since Ray Chapman in 1917.
Altuve now leads the league with a .347 batting average, 116 hits, and 36 stolen bases (in 39 attempts, no less). Additionally, Altuve leads the major leagues in multi-hit games with 35 and in three-hit games with 14.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)