Jun 29, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Jose Altuve went 3-for-5 with a double and a pair of stolen bases in Sunday’s win over the Tigers. It’s his fourth consecutive multi-hit game and his fourth consecutive multi-steal game. As the Astros Twitter notes, Altuve has become the first player to steal multiple bases in four consecutive games since Ray Chapman in 1917.
Altuve now leads the league with a .347 batting average, 116 hits, and 36 stolen bases (in 39 attempts, no less). Additionally, Altuve leads the major leagues in multi-hit games with 35 and in three-hit games with 14.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)