Jun 29, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
But he threw a successful bullpen session Saturday and now Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the right-hander has been cleared to start Tuesday at home against the Dodgers.
“He felt good and let the ball go,” Indians pitching coach Mickey Callaway told the Plain Dealer after Saturday’s workout. “His command was good and his velo was good. The action on his pitches was good.”
Masterson owns a disappointing 5.03 ERA and 1.54 WHIP in 93 innings this season for the Tribe.
He registered a solid 3.45 ERA and 1.20 WHIP across 193 innings last season.
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 46
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 75
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)