Jun 29, 2014, 1:21 PM EST
But he threw a successful bullpen session Saturday and now Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the right-hander has been cleared to start Tuesday at home against the Dodgers.
“He felt good and let the ball go,” Indians pitching coach Mickey Callaway told the Plain Dealer after Saturday’s workout. “His command was good and his velo was good. The action on his pitches was good.”
Masterson owns a disappointing 5.03 ERA and 1.54 WHIP in 93 innings this season for the Tribe.
He registered a solid 3.45 ERA and 1.20 WHIP across 193 innings last season.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 3
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 26
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)