Jun 29, 2014, 1:21 PM EST
But he threw a successful bullpen session Saturday and now Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the right-hander has been cleared to start Tuesday at home against the Dodgers.
“He felt good and let the ball go,” Indians pitching coach Mickey Callaway told the Plain Dealer after Saturday’s workout. “His command was good and his velo was good. The action on his pitches was good.”
Masterson owns a disappointing 5.03 ERA and 1.54 WHIP in 93 innings this season for the Tribe.
He registered a solid 3.45 ERA and 1.20 WHIP across 193 innings last season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)