Jun 29, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Spirits are high at Chavez Ravine. With Sunday’s victory over the Cardinals, the club moved into a virtual tie for first place in the NL West with the slumping Giants, who were just swept at home by the Reds. Clayton Kershaw is, perhaps, pitching better than he has ever pitched before, and everything is clicking.
So it was no surprise that the Blue Crew had a bit of light-hearted fun at Scott Van Slyke‘s expense during Sunday’s game. Van Slyke was given the “hot foot”, one of baseball’s best and most time-tested pranks. Even better, Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully got to call it:
The execution wasn’t the best, unfortunately, but they still got him. The Dodgers could learn a trick or two from “hot foot” master Roger McDowell.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)