Jun 30, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
The Dodgers have moved into a virtual tie with the Giants for first-place in the National League West, but they have mostly done it without Hanley Ramirez in recent days. He’s out of the lineup tonight for the sixth time in the last seven games as he continues to be banged up.
Ramirez missed four straight games due to irritation of the AC joint in his right shoulder before returning to action on Saturday, but he made it through just three innings prior to tweaking his left calf. He’s out of the lineup for the second straight game tonight, but Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that the injury is not expected to require a stint on the disabled list.
Ramirez hasn’t been nearly as productive at the plate this season as he was last year, but he’s still been plenty valuable with a .272/.358/.471 with 11 home runs, 46 RBI, and 10 stolen bases over 74 games.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)