Jun 30, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
The Dodgers have moved into a virtual tie with the Giants for first-place in the National League West, but they have mostly done it without Hanley Ramirez in recent days. He’s out of the lineup tonight for the sixth time in the last seven games as he continues to be banged up.
Ramirez missed four straight games due to irritation of the AC joint in his right shoulder before returning to action on Saturday, but he made it through just three innings prior to tweaking his left calf. He’s out of the lineup for the second straight game tonight, but Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that the injury is not expected to require a stint on the disabled list.
Ramirez hasn’t been nearly as productive at the plate this season as he was last year, but he’s still been plenty valuable with a .272/.358/.471 with 11 home runs, 46 RBI, and 10 stolen bases over 74 games.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)