Jun 30, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
The Dodgers have moved into a virtual tie with the Giants for first-place in the National League West, but they have mostly done it without Hanley Ramirez in recent days. He’s out of the lineup tonight for the sixth time in the last seven games as he continues to be banged up.
Ramirez missed four straight games due to irritation of the AC joint in his right shoulder before returning to action on Saturday, but he made it through just three innings prior to tweaking his left calf. He’s out of the lineup for the second straight game tonight, but Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that the injury is not expected to require a stint on the disabled list.
Ramirez hasn’t been nearly as productive at the plate this season as he was last year, but he’s still been plenty valuable with a .272/.358/.471 with 11 home runs, 46 RBI, and 10 stolen bases over 74 games.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)