Jun 30, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
The Dodgers have moved into a virtual tie with the Giants for first-place in the National League West, but they have mostly done it without Hanley Ramirez in recent days. He’s out of the lineup tonight for the sixth time in the last seven games as he continues to be banged up.
Ramirez missed four straight games due to irritation of the AC joint in his right shoulder before returning to action on Saturday, but he made it through just three innings prior to tweaking his left calf. He’s out of the lineup for the second straight game tonight, but Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that the injury is not expected to require a stint on the disabled list.
Ramirez hasn’t been nearly as productive at the plate this season as he was last year, but he’s still been plenty valuable with a .272/.358/.471 with 11 home runs, 46 RBI, and 10 stolen bases over 74 games.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27