Jun 30, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It seemed like five games for Manny Machado throwing a bat at a dude was a bit light. He appealed anyway. Major League Baseball wasn’t budging:
Major League Baseball has upheld Manny Machado’s 5-game suspension. He will begin serving the suspension tonight.
— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) June 30, 2014
His hearing was last week. It apparently took two hours. I have no idea how one can argue about a bat being thrown for two hours, but there we are.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 0
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15