Jun 30, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Rockies right-hander Jhoulys Chacin, who began the year on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and missed the first month of the season, is now headed back to the DL with more shoulder problems.
For now the team is terming Chacin’s injury shoulder inflammation, but he’s expected to undergo further testing and has been a mess all season with a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA in 11 starts.
Chacin was throwing in the mid-80s during his most recent start Saturday and after allowing seven runs he told reporters:
I really don’t know what’s wrong with my arm. I can’t get strong. Even if I throw extra hard, I can get one (pitch), but then I can’t throw the next one hard.
In other words, don’t expect this DL stay to be a short one.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 23
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)