Jun 30, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Rockies right-hander Jhoulys Chacin, who began the year on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and missed the first month of the season, is now headed back to the DL with more shoulder problems.
For now the team is terming Chacin’s injury shoulder inflammation, but he’s expected to undergo further testing and has been a mess all season with a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA in 11 starts.
Chacin was throwing in the mid-80s during his most recent start Saturday and after allowing seven runs he told reporters:
I really don’t know what’s wrong with my arm. I can’t get strong. Even if I throw extra hard, I can get one (pitch), but then I can’t throw the next one hard.
In other words, don’t expect this DL stay to be a short one.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)