Jun 30, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Rockies right-hander Jhoulys Chacin, who began the year on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and missed the first month of the season, is now headed back to the DL with more shoulder problems.
For now the team is terming Chacin’s injury shoulder inflammation, but he’s expected to undergo further testing and has been a mess all season with a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA in 11 starts.
Chacin was throwing in the mid-80s during his most recent start Saturday and after allowing seven runs he told reporters:
I really don’t know what’s wrong with my arm. I can’t get strong. Even if I throw extra hard, I can get one (pitch), but then I can’t throw the next one hard.
In other words, don’t expect this DL stay to be a short one.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)