Jun 30, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Rockies right-hander Jhoulys Chacin, who began the year on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and missed the first month of the season, is now headed back to the DL with more shoulder problems.
For now the team is terming Chacin’s injury shoulder inflammation, but he’s expected to undergo further testing and has been a mess all season with a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA in 11 starts.
Chacin was throwing in the mid-80s during his most recent start Saturday and after allowing seven runs he told reporters:
I really don’t know what’s wrong with my arm. I can’t get strong. Even if I throw extra hard, I can get one (pitch), but then I can’t throw the next one hard.
In other words, don’t expect this DL stay to be a short one.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 28
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 44
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 39
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)