Jun 30, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Rockies right-hander Jhoulys Chacin, who began the year on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and missed the first month of the season, is now headed back to the DL with more shoulder problems.
For now the team is terming Chacin’s injury shoulder inflammation, but he’s expected to undergo further testing and has been a mess all season with a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA in 11 starts.
Chacin was throwing in the mid-80s during his most recent start Saturday and after allowing seven runs he told reporters:
I really don’t know what’s wrong with my arm. I can’t get strong. Even if I throw extra hard, I can get one (pitch), but then I can’t throw the next one hard.
In other words, don’t expect this DL stay to be a short one.
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 9
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (69)