Jul 1, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Paxton has been on the disabled list since early April with a shoulder injury, getting shut down multiple times due to setbacks in his recovery, but Greg Johns of MLB.com reports that the 25-year-old left-hander threw a 35-pitch bullpen session Monday without any problems.
If all goes well he could be cleared for a simulated game next week, at which point the Mariners would start planning out a minor-league rehab assignment.
Paxton’s career got off to a great start, as he went 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA through six outings dating back to last season, and if the Mariners can ever get a healthy Walker and a healthy Paxton into the rotation alongside Felix Hernandez and Hisashi Iwakuma they’d be capable of making a big push in the second half.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)