Jul 1, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Not so long ago Nolan Reimold was a top prospect who turned in an impressive rookie campaign with Baltimore, but he’s been injured and ineffective since then and now the Orioles have designated him for assignment.
Reimold’s career .766 OPS is above average, but he hit .195 in a part-time role last season and the Orioles didn’t feel like they could carry him on the 25-man roster now that his minor-league rehab timetable has expired.
He could be a fit for another team as a platoon outfielder or bench bat, but the days of thinking Reimold can be a building block player are obviously long gone.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)