Jul 2, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
Earlier this week the Rockies placed right-hander Jhoulys Chacin on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and now he’s been diagnosed with fraying in his rotator cuff.
Spencer Fordin of MLB.com reports that Chacin will undergo further examination “before determining a course of action for his recovery,” but suffice it to say that’s not good news.
Chacin had an excellent 2013 season at age 26, throwing 197 innings with a 3.47 ERA while allowing just 11 homers despite calling Coors Field home, but he began this season on the disabled list with shoulder problems and struggled to a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA before being shut down again.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 62
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)