Jul 2, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
Earlier this week the Rockies placed right-hander Jhoulys Chacin on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and now he’s been diagnosed with fraying in his rotator cuff.
Spencer Fordin of MLB.com reports that Chacin will undergo further examination “before determining a course of action for his recovery,” but suffice it to say that’s not good news.
Chacin had an excellent 2013 season at age 26, throwing 197 innings with a 3.47 ERA while allowing just 11 homers despite calling Coors Field home, but he began this season on the disabled list with shoulder problems and struggled to a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA before being shut down again.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)