Jul 2, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Earlier this week the Rockies placed right-hander Jhoulys Chacin on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and now he’s been diagnosed with fraying in his rotator cuff.
Spencer Fordin of MLB.com reports that Chacin will undergo further examination “before determining a course of action for his recovery,” but suffice it to say that’s not good news.
Chacin had an excellent 2013 season at age 26, throwing 197 innings with a 3.47 ERA while allowing just 11 homers despite calling Coors Field home, but he began this season on the disabled list with shoulder problems and struggled to a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA before being shut down again.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)