Jul 2, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
Earlier this week the Rockies placed right-hander Jhoulys Chacin on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and now he’s been diagnosed with fraying in his rotator cuff.
Spencer Fordin of MLB.com reports that Chacin will undergo further examination “before determining a course of action for his recovery,” but suffice it to say that’s not good news.
Chacin had an excellent 2013 season at age 26, throwing 197 innings with a 3.47 ERA while allowing just 11 homers despite calling Coors Field home, but he began this season on the disabled list with shoulder problems and struggled to a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA before being shut down again.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)