Jul 2, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Earlier this week the Rockies placed right-hander Jhoulys Chacin on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and now he’s been diagnosed with fraying in his rotator cuff.
Spencer Fordin of MLB.com reports that Chacin will undergo further examination “before determining a course of action for his recovery,” but suffice it to say that’s not good news.
Chacin had an excellent 2013 season at age 26, throwing 197 innings with a 3.47 ERA while allowing just 11 homers despite calling Coors Field home, but he began this season on the disabled list with shoulder problems and struggled to a 1-7 record and 5.40 ERA before being shut down again.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27