Jul 2, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Last week the City of Oakland held up approval of the new Oakland Athletics lease on the Coliseum by ordering the members of the city council who serve on the Coliseum Authority not show up to the meeting where it would be voted on, preventing a quorum from being achieved and putting everything on hold. This week they city is going to act more decisively:
The City Council late Tuesday ordered its four members on the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority to reject the deal at a meeting scheduled for Thursday. Instead the city will release its own proposed lease extension addressing several of the council’s concerns, including reduced rent payments for the A’s, Councilman Larry Reid said.
And the A’s will solider on in a substandard ballpark, seemingly forever.
To see what is apparently not happening with Coliseum upgrades and lease details, go read this somewhat more optimistic article about it all. Keys: new plumbing and a new scoreboard.
(thanks to Wendy Thurm for the heads up)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)