Jul 2, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
In his first start since last Wednesday’s no-hitter, Tim Lincecum tossed eight shutout innings in last night’s win over the Cardinals.
He wasn’t Johnny Vander Meer or anything — Lincecum gave up four hits, with the first coming on a single to Allen Craig in the second inning — but it was pretty spiffy all the same. Compare it to the followup to his no-hitter from last season when he gave up nine runs on eight his in three and two-thids.
Lincecum is rolling with 17 consecutive shutout innings, which has reduced his ERA from 4.90 to 4.42. And now he gets to face the Padres again this Sunday in Petco Park, so hold on to your hats, fellas.
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 13
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)