Jul 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Hamilton entered play Wednesday with a cool .315/.403/.469 batting line in 149 plate appearances.
He missed two months earlier this season with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and had a highly disappointing 2013, so the 33-year-old is looking to make up for lost time. The Angels are currently 47-35 on the year — good enough for second place in the American League West standings.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69