Jul 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Hamilton entered play Wednesday with a cool .315/.403/.469 batting line in 149 plate appearances.
He missed two months earlier this season with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and had a highly disappointing 2013, so the 33-year-old is looking to make up for lost time. The Angels are currently 47-35 on the year — good enough for second place in the American League West standings.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)