Jul 3, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup tonight against the Rockies for just the second time in the past 11 games.
Ramirez initially missed four straight games due to irritation of the AC joint in his right shoulder before returning to action last Saturday. However, he made it through just three innings before tweaking his left calf. He has been limited to pinch-hitting duties ever since.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said this evening that he plans to take it easy with Ramirez leading up to the All-Star break, so it’s clear he’s not back to 100 percent yet. He’s expected to see time at DH during the upcoming interleague series against the Tigers and come out for a defensive replacement late in games when he’s at shortstop.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 23
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 75
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)