Jul 3, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup tonight against the Rockies for just the second time in the past 11 games.
Ramirez initially missed four straight games due to irritation of the AC joint in his right shoulder before returning to action last Saturday. However, he made it through just three innings before tweaking his left calf. He has been limited to pinch-hitting duties ever since.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said this evening that he plans to take it easy with Ramirez leading up to the All-Star break, so it’s clear he’s not back to 100 percent yet. He’s expected to see time at DH during the upcoming interleague series against the Tigers and come out for a defensive replacement late in games when he’s at shortstop.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)