Jul 3, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup tonight against the Rockies for just the second time in the past 11 games.
Ramirez initially missed four straight games due to irritation of the AC joint in his right shoulder before returning to action last Saturday. However, he made it through just three innings before tweaking his left calf. He has been limited to pinch-hitting duties ever since.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said this evening that he plans to take it easy with Ramirez leading up to the All-Star break, so it’s clear he’s not back to 100 percent yet. He’s expected to see time at DH during the upcoming interleague series against the Tigers and come out for a defensive replacement late in games when he’s at shortstop.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 11
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 14
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (97)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)