Jul 3, 2014, 8:01 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez is back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup tonight against the Rockies for just the second time in the past 11 games.
Ramirez initially missed four straight games due to irritation of the AC joint in his right shoulder before returning to action last Saturday. However, he made it through just three innings before tweaking his left calf. He has been limited to pinch-hitting duties ever since.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said this evening that he plans to take it easy with Ramirez leading up to the All-Star break, so it’s clear he’s not back to 100 percent yet. He’s expected to see time at DH during the upcoming interleague series against the Tigers and come out for a defensive replacement late in games when he’s at shortstop.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)