Jul 3, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup tonight against the Rockies for just the second time in the past 11 games.
Ramirez initially missed four straight games due to irritation of the AC joint in his right shoulder before returning to action last Saturday. However, he made it through just three innings before tweaking his left calf. He has been limited to pinch-hitting duties ever since.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said this evening that he plans to take it easy with Ramirez leading up to the All-Star break, so it’s clear he’s not back to 100 percent yet. He’s expected to see time at DH during the upcoming interleague series against the Tigers and come out for a defensive replacement late in games when he’s at shortstop.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 5
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 35
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 89
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)